This post is sponsored by Capitol Federal® Savings Bank.
I opened a saving account at Capitol Federal for my 6-year-old daughter, Layla, because I want her to understand financial responsibility.
I want Layla to always know that even though things are changing around her the hard work, discipline, and learning about finances will never change for her. I want her to always know and understand that she can financially back herself, her dreams, and never have to depend on any person to do that for her.
I know if I teach her early to save for a rainy day, she can also be helpful to other people. If she’s comfortable financially, then any extra that she has, she can help others. Being comfortable in your finances is not only great because you have a chance to make your dreams a reality, but you can also invest in others.
Join Layla and open your Blue Bucks Savings Account this Summer to help your kids learn to save and give back!
Teach Your Child to Give+Save+Spend
Who: All Kansas City families
Where: Any Capitol Federal branch in the Greater Kansas City area
When: June 1 – July 11, 2021
Why? What better way to teach children important life lessons than to provide real world experience and hands on, tangible learning!
- Eligibility: Youths between the age of 0-13 are eligible to open a Blue Buck Kids’ Savings account. *Minimum of $25 needed to open savings account.
- Your child can open his or her very own savings account and in return will receive a FREE sundae treat coupon from Andy’s Frozen Custard. Along with a free sundae coupon, guests will receive a free ice cream bowl from Capitol Federal.
The Giving Details
- After opening their savings account, your child can then vote for one of the following local organizations:
- Capitol Federal will make a charitable donation to the organization that receives the most votes by July 11.
Upon opening a savings account, each child will receive:
- A FREE sundae treat coupon from Andy’s Frozen Custard.
- A FREE ice cream bowl gift from Capitol Federal.
- The opportunity to vote for a local organization for the potential to receive a charitable gift.
- Enrollment in the Blue Bucks Kids’ Club to earn rewards and receive quarterly activity newsletters.
For more than 125 years, Capitol Federal® has remained steadfast in its corporate philosophy of Safety in Savings, Sound Lending Policies, Quality Customer Service, and Commitment to Community. Capitol Federal is a leader in residential lending in Kansas and Missouri and boasts more than $9 billion in assets. In addition to single-family residential lending, the Bank offers commercial loans, Small Business Loans and business banking services. Capitol Federal offers a variety of retail deposit accounts, including checking, savings, money market, IRA and certificates of deposit, as well as trust services. With 45 traditional branches and 9 in-store locations, the Bank has a network that extends across the state of Kansas and into Missouri.
Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender.