Strang Park in Overland Park is one of our very favorites! With a fenced-in, inclusive playground with unique play equipment as well as its location near coffee shops, lunch spots and the Johnson County Library, it really is one of a kind.
Best features at Strang Park
- Innovative climbing equipment
- In-ground trampolines
- Well-shaded picnic area
- Many accessible play options
- Turfed baby area for crawlers
- Mostly fenced in to stop runners
- Good visibility if kids want to play in separate spaces
- Brush up on your chess skills to play on the giant chess board.
- Grab a red Adirondack chair near the entrance to rest.
- If you get hungry, visiting nearby Strang Hall, there is food for everyone.
- Make it an outing and visit the Maker Space or extensive Kids Section at the Central Resources Library Branch a few blocks away.
Check out more great parks in our Kansas City Parks Guide!