We live in a digital world. Everywhere you look, people are on their phones, computers, Facetiming family or friends, even doctor appointments are virtual. Most people do not think twice about paying their internet bill. But for many Americans, this can be a real struggle and leave them behind in the digital age.
Congress recently passed the Affordable Connectivity Program to support low-income households afford internet service they need for work, school, healthcare and more. The benefit provides a discount of $30 per month toward internet service for eligible households and $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands.
Comcast has spent more than a decade working to address digital inequities. Comcast wants everyone to have the skills, resources, and tools they need to succeed in an increasingly digital world, from connecting people to the internet to opening doors for the next generation of innovators, creators, and doers.
If you or someone in your community needs to get connected, Comcast is here to connect more qualifying families with FREE high-speed home Internet. Customers who qualify can apply ACP credits to any tier of Xfinity Internet, including Internet Essentials.
- Comcast’s top-rated Xfinity Mobile service, which includes 5G, is now available to customers enrolled in ACP, giving them the ability to save money on their connectivity needs inside and out of the home.
- Internet Essentials customers can use their $30/month ACP discount to pay for both Xfinity Internet and Xfinity Mobile service. For example, an Internet Essentials customer (paying $9.95/month) can add one line of Unlimited on Xfinity Mobile ($45/month) for $24.95/month after applying the ACP discount.
Who Is Eligible for the Free or Discounted Internet?
A household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program if the household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income internet program
- Participates in one of the following assistance programs: SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), WIC, Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits
Where Can I Sign Up?
Eligible households that enroll in the program can receive $30/month toward their Internet and mobile service ($75/month on Tribal lands). New and existing Xfinity Internet or Internet Essentials customers can visit the Xfinity ACP site or visit the Xfinity store in Olathe or Independence, Mo. for more information.
Please share this message in your community as this program can help connect thousands of people to the internet who haven’t had access to it at home.